Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Immaculata, Our Ideal


Ave Maria
I can't say enough about this book. Fr. Stehlin has a done great service to traditional Catholics in writing it. It brings out the true militant nature of St. Maximilian's ministry, and how we must maintain this militant nature as members of the M.I. to be effective evangelizers. Fr. Stehlin quotes St. Maximilian directly throughout the book, giving a clear picture of exactly what the Saint was trying to achieve through the Immaculata. I have ready many biographies of St. Max.
None of them bring out this great Saint's convictions concerning the "new ecunemism" like this one. St. Max was adamantly opposed to it and viewed it as a danger to the Faith. I had not known that the new ecunemism was raring it's ugly head in the early 1900's. Honestly, I'm not that good at book reviews, so I'll leave you at this- buy the book. At  $16.95, you will not be disappointed. I was surprised that Angelus Press was out of stock on this book. They said that they have tried to order more copies from Fr. Stehlin but he had none to send so maybe it is being reprintned? Anyway, I did find it here, at the Fatima Shoppe.

Thanks, Fr. Stehlin.


No comments:

Post a Comment